• Limitations of this Certification Program
• Refund Policy
• Active/Inactive Status Policy
Except where otherwise noted, all content of this website is copyright Teresa Wagner. This site and the content provided therein, including, but not limited to, logo, text, graphic images, audio, video and html code may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without written permission. Distributing or sharing any images, text or other portions of this website, including in social media, without written permission or licensing, is strictly prohibited. Commercial use of any of the recorded or written material (i.e., use in your own classes, websites, blogs, articles or other publications) is also strictly prohibited under copyright law. Under no conditions is it permissible to represent any of the text, specific concepts originated by Teresa Wagner or images on this site as your own.
Copyright to external links are owned and/or the responsibility of those external websites or individuals.
I absolutely love teaching and making educational opportunities available to others such as with the classes and material represented on this site. The classes and materials described on this site required several hundred hours to create, and hundreds of additional hours to administer and coordinate with other instructors. The web site itself required a few hundred hours to create and thousands of dollars of consultant hours to complete. This represents typical investments of time and money made by self-employed writers, authors and teachers. It is very sad to me that copyright laws are needed to remind people that stealing such educational and other materials authored by others (i.e., intellectual property) is not an ethical, appropriate or nice thing to do. I have experienced a number of major incidents in which people plagiarized my written work, logos and other work, using it in their own workshops, classes, web sites, YouTube videos, social media pages, etc. and calling it their own—in some cases even listing it as copyrighted by them. I felt shocked, angry and betrayed when those things happened. There is still a part of me that finds it hard to believe that otherwise nice people, professional people and self-proclaimed “spiritual” people would do such a thing. Unfortunately, they do. They have.
Therefore, this web site is registered with the United States Copyright Office. Any use of the material on this site, in any form whatsoever, without written permission is unlawful. If copyright violation is discovered legal action will be taken to the fullest extent of the law. Under U.S. Code Title 17, Chapter 504, violators of copyright may be required to pay statutory damages up to $150,000 plus legal fees.
LIMITATIONS OF THIS CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
The certification program as a whole, and the classes taught in it which are described on this site, do not qualify or train students to conduct psychotherapy or long term counseling. Masters or doctoral level education, and often licensing, is required for that level of professional help. This certification program, however, does provide in-depth training and education in understanding and practicing client-centered, empathy-based counseling skills for use in the specialized context of providing short term grief counseling and support for those who are mourning the loss of beloved animals.
1. Students may request a refund of the program fee during the program’s refund window period: After completing the first three core classes but before starting a fourth class. After the student completes the first three core classes (Legacies of Love; Ethics and Essential Boundaries; Grief Support Skills), including the Written Class Reviews and Mentoring Sessions for these classes, and before registering for or beginning a fourth class. This refund window insures that the student has taken ample opportunity to experience the program in which they chose to enroll after an in-depth application and interview process before requesting a refund.
2. The student must submit a refund request letter describing in detail how they have found the classes and program to be substantially different from how they were described during the in-depth application process and on the web site.
3. Once this is received, we will refund what has been paid, minus the cost of the three classes and three mentoring sessions completed, at the class tuition and mentoring rates at the time the student took the classes, minus a $350 service fee.
4. Refund of the program fee is not offered after a student has received links for their fourth class (on demand) or begun attendance in a live class.
5. Refunds for single, on-demand classes that were purchased by individuals not enrolled in the certification program are not refunded for two reasons: 1. The descriptions for the classes listed on the web site include very detailed, extensive information which allows the customer to make informed choices regarding what they are purchasing. 2. After the purchase of an on-demand class, the customer receives all links for the class within minutes. After these links are received and the customer has had opportunity to listen to the digital audio files and read the handouts, the product has been consumed. It is not a returnable material product. Therefore, no refunds or exchanges can be made.
6. Live Classes (live teleclasses or in-person workshops): All payments for classes are non-refundable unless the workshop is cancelled by Teresa Wagner in which case all deposits and payments would be refunded. Individuals who cancel their participation in a live class may offer their paid seat in a class to a friend or other party. Original payment for that workshop seat will remain with Teresa Wagner.
Students in the program are on Active Status when they meet the program time requirements to complete classes, case studies and recorded practice sessions as outlined in the list below. These time requirements are also listed on the program web site and in the instructions students receive for Written Class Reviews, Case Studies and Recorded Practice Sessions:
1. Submit completed Written Class Reviews and request a Coaching and Mentoring Session for a class within four months of registering for an on demand class, or four months after the last session of a live class.
2. Submit the required eight Case Studies and the required four Recorded Practice Session materials within nine months of completing all classes.
3. Complete one class every four months—a minimum of three classes every twelve months.
Approved Inactive Status:
Students may request an extension on these deadlines if extenuating circumstances such as personal or professional emergencies make it extremely challenging to meet the completion time requirements. Approved requests have involved issues such a pregnancy and child birth (own or partner’s); illness or death of a loved one, including animal loved ones; situational demands of a full time job/business needed to make a living; experiencing a trauma for which healing time is needed.
Active Status and Approved Inactive Status students (and graduates) are eligible for the following activities, free classes and discounts:
• Free On-Demand Elective Classes after completing five elective classes required for
• 50% Discount on Live Elective classes after completing five elective classes required for certification
• Free and discounted Practitioner Circle Talks
• Membership in the program’s private Facebook Page
• Celebration of Life Gathering—an annual event held for students to honor the loss of their loved ones
• Graduation Ceremonies
• Grandfathered tuition fees for students who enrolled in the program prior to June 2017, which are considerably lower than the current tuition rates
Default Inactive Status
In the absence of approved requests for time extensions, and/or students not responding to inquiries about incomplete classes, not taking classes for over four months, or not completing case studies and practice sessions within nine months after completing all classes, the student will automatically be placed on Default Inactive Status.
While on Default Inactive Status, students are not eligible for the list of activities, or discounts described in the list above for Active Status and Approved Inactive Status students.
Default Inactive Status students may not state on their web sites or other materials that they are enrolled in this certification program, or in any way indicate that they are working toward certification in this program.
Default Inactive Status students are welcome to re-enroll in the program to active status which involves:
• A $150 reactivation fee
• Reversion to current program tuition rates at the time of reactivation.
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the pet-loss-grief-counseling-certification.com website. On various pages, you can sign up to receive newsletters, register for workshops, pay for consultations, order products, or email us. Requested personal information may include but not be limited to your name, email address, postal address, or phone number. We do not collect credit card numbers on this site. All credit card payments are made through Paypal which increases the security of online payments made to us. We have no record of your credit card information at any time.
We do not share your personal contact information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order such as entering it into a USPS system to print a mailing label.
When you share your email address and other contact information with us by emailing us, as part of the required information for attending workshops and events or purchasing products, that information is not shared with or sold to other organizations. If you receive periodic product update information or newsletters from us after attending one of our events or purchasing products and wish to be taken off our mailing list, you can unsubscribe at any time with one “unsubscribe” click at the bottom of any received mailing or by emailing us with your request.
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes only the consumer’s domain name & IP address, not the e-mail address or any other contact information. An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number assigned to your computer and available whenever you access the Internet. If you access pages from this website, our server will enter your IP address into a log. We reserve the right to store IP addresses for a period of time to assist law enforcement authorities and Internet Service Providers in the investigation of breaches of our in-house rules or terms of service and to help identify visitors who threaten our service, site, customers or others. We may also use this information to measure site traffic for purposes of system administration. This aggregate data also helps us to improve our website and our business.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The purchasers of products and/or services from pet-loss-grief-counseling-certification.com are subject to the following terms and conditions. Pet-loss-grief-counseling-certification.com reserves the right to make changes to its Terms and Conditions of Use at any time. Each time you use this Website, you should visit and review the current Terms and Conditions of Use that apply to your transactions and use of this Website. If you do not agree to be bound by the then current Terms and Conditions of Use, your sole remedy is not to use this Website.
Pet-loss-grief-counseling-certification.com is not responsible for typographical or photographic errors on this Website.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Teresa Wagner, Program Founder, Pet-loss-grief-counseling-certification.com, its instructors, board of advisors, officers, employees, contractors, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys fees, arising out of use of this website.
GENERAL PROVISIONS AND GOVERNING LAW
The Terms and Conditions of Use shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the procedural and substantive Laws of the State of California, United States of America (with the exception of the conflicts of laws provisions of such state), and both parties agree that the federal and state courts located in California shall have jurisdiction over any matter arising in connection with the agreement, and hereby submit to such jurisdiction, further, the parties agree that venue for any matter arising in connection with this shall properly lay in the Monterey County, California.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. Pet-loss-grief-counseling-certification.com AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES, AS WELL AS ITS THIRD-PARTY AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, DISTRIBUTORS, MERCHANTS OR SPONSORS (COLLECTIVELY, “THIRD PARTIES”), CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE. NEITHER Pet-loss-grief-counseling.com NOR ITS THIRD PARTIES HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTION OR INACTION IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE OR FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR DATA OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE YOU MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. NEITHER PET-LOSS-GRIEF-COUNSELING-CERTIFICATION.COM NOR ITS THIRD PARTIES WARRANT THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THIS SITE OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED FOR SALE ON THIS SITE. PET-LOSS-GRIEF-COUNSELING-CERTIFICATION.COM AND ITS THIRD PARTIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY Pet-loss-grief-counseling-certification.com OR ITS THIRD PARTIES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY, EXCEPT WHERE THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES IS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PET-LOSS-GRIEF-COUNSELING-CERTIFICATION.COM OR ITS THIRD PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIS SITE THAT RESULTS IN MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OR CORRUPTION OF FILES, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATING OR TRANSMISSIONS, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY IN ANY ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER CLAIM, EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF PET-LOSS-GRIEF-COUNSELING-CERTIFICATION.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BY YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, EXCEPT WHERE THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IS PROHIBITED BY LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF DAMAGES FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY. IN ANY EVENT, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PET-LOSS-GRIEF-COUNSELING-CERTIFICATION.COM BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT EXCEEDING ONE THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS ($1,000.00).
HOW TO CONTACT US
Should you have other questions or concerns about these policies, please call us at 831-236-4080 or send us an email at email@example.com